Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I'm Walking, Yes Indeed!

This just in: I am officially walking as of 7:15pm last night!

Mommy and Daddy wanted me to wind down after a hard day of swimming (more on this later). But I had a surprise for them. I took my first steps without any help. My room was dimly lit to calm me down. Hah!



I have been taking more steps this morning. But I am still much, much, much faster when I crawl. I guess this means Mommy needs to go shopping for more shoes!

Now that I've delivered the breaking news, here are some of my other adventures.

Two weeks ago, I finally made it into the fireplace. Yes, you heard me right. I climbed up our foot high hearth and got into the fireplace. You know, I found a nice little niche there to play -- until Mommy came and got me and put me in the bath tub. A bath in the middle of the day! I wonder why Mommy was so frantic and she regrets to inform you that she didn't have any time to take a picture. See? No evidence!



After that incident, I found a screen by the little niche. I still try to go up there as often as I can. Mommy and Daddy say "No". In fact, they have been saying "No!" a lot. I think I know what it means but I hope they will grow out of this phase with me looking so cute and adorable with my big brown eyes and contagious smile.



In addition to practicing climbing, I go swimming with Mommy every week. Two weekends ago, Daddy took me swimming. I like to splash-splash-splash and kick-kick-kick when I'm in the water. I really impressed Daddy with my moves like this:



I've gotta go now to ride my Radio Flyer Retro Rocket that Uncle Jeff and Aunt Lisa got for me. See you all soon.

3 comments:

Bryce said...

Adam, I am so jealous! First you outgrow me, now you are bipedal. Well at least you can never catch up with me in age....

Grandpa said...

Wow, Adam, walking and swimming at such a young age. We're mighty proud of you and of your support staff who have taught you these skills.

We're getting our house ready so you can show off your talents here in Columbus next month.

Grandma and Grandpa

Great Grandma said...

I'm thrilled to see Adam walking and swimming and you are quite an outdoors guy. I'm thrilled and very impressed with my little boy.

I'll be seeing you soon. Keep up your good work. I love you!

Great Grandma Lillian