Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Passover!

Passover Seder Plate from Great Grandma Lillian
Boy, am I full.  Full of matzot, that is.  Happy Pesach (Passover) everyone!

We are finally enjoying some sunny days to celebrate spring.  My school's Passover break started on Friday and I helped Mommy make our Seder.  I was in charge or the nuts for the haroset. I crushed the nuts in the mortar and pestle while Mommy worked on the rest -- matzo ball soup, gefilte fish, apricot chicken, asparagus and very yummy dark chocolate mints. I didn't have any gefilte fish.  Although I really enjoyed the book, Five Little Gefiltes, I don't really like it. I do love matzot, however. I also love the two Passover books -- The Little Red Hen and the Passover Matzah and A Sweet Passover.

Here is my very own Seder plate that I made in school:

Class Project in Gesher
Ready to start our Passover Seder
I helped Daddy break a matzo so he could hide the afikomen.

I found the afikomen and guess what my reward was?!  Two dollars!!!  Now I have $9 in my piggy bank and when I have $14, I can buy a Hot Wheels track.  This saving (and waiting) is pretty hard, though.

I also read the four questions from our haggadah (on iPad.  Yes, how modern of us).

Four Questions

Chag Sameach!

No comments: