![]() |
| The birthday boy at West Valley Gymnastics School |
Welcome back! I've had a busy week. Last Sunday, Mommy and Daddy threw me a HUGE party at my old gymnastics school. I used to take a class there just like Amy Chow, a member of the famous Magnificent 7, the first American team to win Olympic gymnastics gold. My friends and I showed just as much dedication to having fun.
I had all my friends from school and from my childhood (I've known them for "years and years").
We climbed, slid, jumped, dangled, ran and had so much fun. Then we were rewarded with lunch and a very chocolate cake. (A special thanks to Aunt Meg for introducing Mommy to Icing on the Cake!)
The week just flew by with school. On Thursday, I had a play date with Catherine and Holden. I have known them since I was a baby; now Catherine goes to the same school.
On Friday, our school had a special treat, An Ethical Start. Mommy came to school and we saw our teachers put on skits so we can learn about how we should treat our friends and how we can behave when we get upset, sad or mad. In the class, we have been learning that Hillel would say:
If I am not for myself, who is for me?
When I am only for myself, what am I?
And if not now, when?
I also learned about Ben Zoma who said, "Who is wise? The one who learns from everyone. Who is strong? The one who controls himself. Who is rich? The one who is happy with what he has."
Mommy and Daddy say if I actually learn and use these in my life, I would surely be wise.
Mommy and I went to Happy Hollow Park and Zoo on Saturday to enjoy the warm weather and also to get my roller coaster fix. (Daddy spent the day volunteering as a judge for a Lego competition. When I'm 9, I can compete! But I am first counting days to my 6th birthday. Mommy said that's when I could chew gum. :-) )
After the roller coaster rides, I went on the Frog Hopper.
I went on it again, again, and again mainly because on my second ride, I met a 6 year old blonde girl. She and I went on the Frog Hopper and Kiddie Swing rides, played in the giant redwood play area and watched the puppet theater -- Rumpelstiltskin.







No comments:
Post a Comment